Monday, April 28, 2014

Best Cookies Ever

I know, I know. Everyone claims to have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there. So I guess I'll just say, these are pretty high up there. The recipe is from my mom and I have no idea where she got it, so I'm going to say that she came up with it.

You will need-
1 cup butter or margerine (I use Gold n Soft margerine)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (I use dark)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup of chocolate chips (or, if you're heavy handed like me, twice that)


Soften the butter. Do not melt it! Soften it. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla. Stir well.
Then add one cup of flour, the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix. Add remaining flour and mix. Mix in the chocolate chips. 

This is where you eat the dough. You shouldn't because raw eggs are bad. But, seriously, this will be the best cookie dough you've ever tried. But don't do it.


Drop spoonfuls on your cookie sheet. Cook at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until they're at desired done-ness. I like them undercooked a little so they're really gooey.

If you don't want to cook the whole batch, just freeze the dough. I like to spread it into an ice cube tray so when you pop out the dough, it's a perfect sized cookie.
The ones I don't use, I just put in a plastic bag in the freezer. 

These cookies never disappoint and people always ask for the recipe. So here it is!

What's a family favorite recipe that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment